Busy

It's a busy month around here. Dutch has a piano recital and a  4H presentation coming up (requiring her first poster - it's very exciting). Cook is busy with work shenanigans and some extracurricular cartographic dorkery.  I'm busy with work* and with volunteering at Dutch's school** but not with cleaning. Nope. You should see the dustbunnies.*** And I'm way behind on the vegetable garden. And blogging. Skipper is busy being insane about her eczema.****



*It's Bike Month, you guys! Plus I'm moving my whole program to another organization, involving lots of packing and budget maneuvering. 
** I wildly over-committed myself, taking on lots of tasks associated with Walk+Bike Challenge Month (May), Staff Appreciation Week (May 7-11), an effort to reform education funding at the state level, and the establishment of a school foundation aiming to raise over $150K in 6 weeks. (And yes, that's impossible, but we figure it's worth trying.) All these commitments seemed worthwhile, but May is pretty hectic.
*** However, I am married to a person who seizes on a blissful window of family-free time, not to lie on the couch and read a book (which is what I would do), but to clean the bathroom and exercise. So the house is much cleaner than I deserve. 
**** Cook and I, between us, have spent maybe 5 hours this week cajoling/outwaiting/bullying Skipper into taking showers, getting lotion put on, and having antibiotic cream applied to her oozing sores. That kid is unbelievably stubborn.

Comments

Popular Posts