Day

Skipper is singing (over and over again) a chant that goes like this:
Alchemist
Arborist
Who likes snot?
The kids, particularly Skipper, are driving me bats today.  Skipper works SO hard to continually monitor the way all good and bad things are allocated to her and her sister and over-react to any perceived imbalance, however slight. If she channeled even half that energy into, say, a hobby, she'd be a master of that hobby by now. I guess she IS a master of this one terrible hobby.

What's up with us? Not much. I'm fine. Cook's fine. Kids are fine.

I have been driving lately, after about 15 years of not driving. Driving sucks. I can't wait for the self-driving cars to take over; I cannot believe that we let humans drive cars. I think it's be the kind of thing where Skipper will look back over her childhood 50 years from now and says to Duchess "Can you BELIEVE that PEOPLE were responsible for navigating huge, heavy, polluting metal vehicles at high speed when we were kids? That was insane! Also, did that drone just give you an infinitesimally bigger serving of virtual dessert than me? That's NOT FAIR!!!!"

I am still Eating Less. Eating Less sucks. However, I weigh 20% less now than I did two years ago, and am warily pleased. I am unambiguously pleased to report, however, that I am also 14 days into a series of 30 days of youtube yoga videos, and am very much enjoying it. It's gentle yoga for inflexible idiots, which is perfect, and it's short, only 15-35 minutes per video, so I just do it in the evening before bed, and I usually wrap it up with a few minutes of lying on the floor staring at the ceiling. This is not the kind of yogic Mindfully Breathing While Being Present In Your Body lying on the floor you may be thinking of; I literally just lie on the floor and stare at the ceiling. Sometimes I listen to music. It's pretty great, even without mindfulness.

Also, I want to say that I misreported a few weeks ago what Skipper says to express astonishment. She doesn't say "holy crackers!" - she says "holy cackles!"

That's all I've got.

Comments

Popular Posts