Welp

Still at home. Kids have no school for the rest of the year at least. I don't know if I'm going to have a job after six months. Cook is furloughed for a tenth of his time. Everything is crazy. And there's still no toilet paper on the shelves half the time when I grocery shop.

Our temp dog got adopted on Monday, and we are feeling sad about it. He had been cuddling with both kids a lot (they let him on their beds, and he LOVES a soft place with people on it), and they miss him most. We told the foster people we're ready for our next dog RIGHT AWAY.







































































I administered quarantine haircuts last weekend. Verdict is still out.

Working from home is hard. Like everyone lucky enough still to be working, I'm struggling with distinguishing work from personal; it all swirls together. Cook and I did invest in some office set-up equipment (headphones!) and time, acknowledging that we're not going back to any "normal" office commute any time soon. The bedroom is now my office, with an old piece of kitchen furniture repurposed as a standing desk. Cook shares the study with the guinea pigs. The TV is now in the basement. I know my way around all the video conference software, and roll my eyes (with video off) at people who still can't manage to "raise hand" in Zoom. I attended a two-day virtual conference this week, complete with networking sessions.

We watched every single one of the Star Wars movies. (Okay, I didn't actually sit through all of them with full attention. You got me. Lots of them aren't very watchable.) Skipper and I have developed shared escapist/vegetable habits of playing Stardew Valley on the Switch and watching Parks and Recreation.

I just feel really, really tired. So tired. I just want to live in Stardew Valley and plant parsnips.




Comments

Popular Posts