Planning for the Future

This weekend, we had a houseguest, my Taekwondo Uncle, who was in town to take (and pass!) the test to become a third-degree black belt. Dutch loved every second of his visit, followed him everywhere, and even waited patiently outside the bathroom for him to come out. When he left in the morning, she went into our bedroom, crawled into the bed and cried. When asked why she was so sad, she said "I really miss Taekwondo Uncle!" She also got to see some of his test and attend a banquet of taekwondo-ers, which included a demonstration by a bunch of kids. She announced her intention to do taekwondo when she grows up "but I also want to be a real doctor. I will just do taekwondo so I can travel around. I will hit people, but they won't be able to hit me."

Congratulations, Taekwondo Uncle!

Comments

Popular Posts