Sunday, January 6, 2008

Moooooooooving

So the new place is much smaller than our current place (about a third smaller), so we have to figure out how to cram our sprawling life into it. We made a graph paper scale diagram, and have been busily cutting out scale furniture. It looks like we have approximately the same square footage of furniture surface as we do floor surface. Some things will have to go.

Otherwise, it's a nicer place, with much more responsible management, and it'll cost $200 less a month, which is VERY nice. It's in a walkable neighborhood (though we're giving up the cool local co-op grocery for a QFC, which is sad), and the bus ride downtown (and to Dutch's daycare) is actually a little shorter.

Cook and I start school Monday, so we will have to do all our packing next weekend (and today). It's going to be a hectic few weeks! I guess I should go set up some boxes.

No comments:

months go by

We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...