Ups and Downs

My god - we're moving in LESS THAN 48 HOURS!!!! Agh!!!!

Apparently we've been in denial. I'm ashamed to say how much remains unpacked. Let's just say that Dutch's room is entirely unpacked, because she is in profound denial, and has already announced that she is NOT moving, that Cook and I can move and she will live here by herself. I'm not sure how she's going to make rent, but given this morning's conversation, I suspect it will involve street corners.

The good news is that we did manage to get some stuff (including pretty much all the books) moved last weekend with The Big Cooks and their rented minivan, so we are already a tiny fraction moved in!

The bad news is that we still have vast piles of crap to move. How can we possibly have accumulated so much crap?

The other good news is that we found yet another rat in the toilet tonight, giving us a good reason to not regret moving. (And yes, the lid was down yet again, so we are 100% confident that it came either up from the sewer or down the vent from the roof, not from inside the apartment.) This rat was dead. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.
Here's a picture. Sorry if it grosses you out, but since I was the one who found it, I have no sympathy. I'm telling you, KEEP THE LID CLOSED!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm going to have nightmares.

Popular Posts