Your mama is so old...

I was working on my umpteenth powerpoint presentation for school last week, and I realized that when I was doing my senior "comps" in college, we didn't use powerpoint. It may have existed, but only the army and Al Gore were using it. I made transparencies for my final presentation. I used an overhead projector. An overhead projector! And... we had email, but it was a text-command-interface email. We used reference books. Microfiche. Those of you who are not as incredibly old as I am will have no idea what I'm talking about.

I don't feel that old, but the technology I used as a young adult is now spectacularly antiquated. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of technology Dutch will use when she reaches the advanced age of 32.

Comments

Anonymous said…
here here!
Diane Feissel said…
With ya, sister... even in college I was still clacking away at a regular ole typewriter. Computers scared me.

Popular Posts