The brainwashing, it is complete.

Last night, when I was talking about potential class projects with Cook at the dinner table, Dutch put her hand on my arm and said helpfully "Mama, I think it would be a good idea to build a lot of houses and apartments." 

Cook and I looked at her, and I said "Why?"

She said "Because then there would be enough homes for all the homeless people to live."

She clearly has a career in government ahead of her. This morning, we were all riding the bus together across the Ross Island Bridge into downtown, and Cook and I were talking about how if we were in charge and had lots of money, we'd put the highway underground (sometimes we like to fantasize like that), and Cook asked Dutch what she'd do if she was in charge. She didn't hesitate. "I'd do something to make the world a better place," she said (thank you, Miss Rumphius), "I would get rid of all the cars and get lots of busses for everyone to ride."

So my question is this: if we now gave her to a more normal family to raise, would she convert, or is this a permanent brainwashing?





Comments

Popular Posts