Monday, August 9, 2010

We moved.

It was crappy, despite enormous help from the Big Cooks.* We're all exhausted and pretty frayed around the edges. Poor Skipper is not happy, and now when she sees us move anything larger than herself - box, bag, furniture, whatever - she starts screaming. You can almost hear her brain: "Noooo!!!! Don't change ANYTHING ELSE!!!!! No more change!" I kind of agree.

Things are starting to stabilize. We spent an exorbitant amount of money on a new bed (we've been sleeping on our sad old full-sized futon for 10 months), which will be delivered today. I'm pretty sure that's going to change my life.

Dutch had a terrific two-day camping trip (overlapping with the move) last week with my uncle and aunt. She feels very grown-up, and she had a great time - I'll post some pictures later.








*Who booked tickets for a fun short visit to Portland before we scheduled our move to fall exactly during their stay. They may never visit again.

1 comment:

s* said...

did you get a king-sized bed? i covet king-sized beds.

months go by

We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...