Saturday, August 4, 2012
Dear Malaysian engineer leaving Portland for Hong Kong last Thursday:
Thanks for being nice (but not creepily nice) to my kid, who was flying alone for the first time. I'm sure you weren't planning on sitting next to a very talkative, unsupervised 7-year-old for three hours at the very beginning of your long trip, but it sounds like you were very kind about it. She really liked it when the pilot was delayed and you joked that maybe SHE should fly the plane, since she had been given an honorary wings pin by the flight attendant. I am grateful. While I'm at it, thanks to the flight attendants, too, and everybody who sat adjacent to Duchess and was nice to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
months go by
We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...
-
Some procrastinators procrastinate up to a certain point, and then get seriously down to business. I, however, am special! I never get down ...
-
A few months ago, I went to the doctor because I'd been having chest pains and shortness of breath. I was pretty sure it was anxiety, be...
No comments:
Post a Comment