Shortest day after the longest night

 It's the solstice! It's a dark, rainy day, as per usual. I don't think we're going to get to see the Great Conjunction tonight (THANKS RAIN), but I know it's out there.

I've been tormenting my housemates with endless holiday music, starting on the 13th, and we got a tree much earlier than usual - Dec 8th. Dog #1 met Santa at the tree lot (he wasn't very impressed) and Cook carried the tree home. 












We decorated the tree; Dog #1 was not interested in participating.
















Cook and I are taking some time off this week, trying to vacate properly. I love Christmas vacating because I like cozy home time - everybody together, making cookies, doing puzzles, drinking tea. That is, however, more or less the way I spend all my time (except also working) these days, so it doesn't feel very different. However, the dog is very itchy and we've been dressing him in the clothes his adopters provided, which means that every once in a while I glance over at him in his US Army sweatshirt (we gave away the football jerseys) and get the giggles, so that's a delight. And my gosh, there's a Great Conjunction going on!


Comments

Popular Posts