Update. Not that anything has happened.

 Nothing has happened. We're just waiting. Walking the dog. 























It looks like the kids will start "hybrid" school in April. Which means they're going to have to roll out of bed and put pants on a few days a week. 











I'm not sure when Cook and I will return to an actual office. Probably July or later, when we can finally get vaccinated. He may have a permanent "hybrid" situation where he mostly works from home and goes in for in-person meetings sometimes. 

As we approach the one-year mark of All Being Trapped Together All The Time, I'm feeling extremely frayed. I get up every day and walk the dog and do my job and wash the dishes, etc, but if I didn't have a job and people/animals who need me to do stuff, I would definitely lie in bed all day weeping and watching tv. (As it is, my boundaries have gotten very weird, and the other day I happily showed my new toilet paper to a meeting including several strangers. I'm concerned that I will be unable to behave even remotely normal during in-person interactions when that becomes an option again.) 

We've all been scrabbling for something to look forward to. Skipper is disproprotionately excited about the first Tigers spring training game tomorrow. I have re-planned our trip to Japan (originally scheduled for June 2020) for this August, but the absence of vaccination options for kids may kill that trip, too, in which case I may have to take to my bed after all. 


Comments

Popular Posts