Sunday, August 20, 2023

Next steps

 Duchess and I went to Minnesota to deliver her to college. She had a LOT of feelings about this, as you can imagine, but the predominant feeling was excitement. 

This is Duchess sadly saying goodbye to Portland.











We stayed the night in St Paul, got into the dorm the next morning. 











Duchess is housed in The Worst Dorm on Campus (a time-honored rite of passage for unlucky freshmen across the country). She's making the best of it, though, and already relishing her new adventure. She's going to thrive, grim cinderblocks be damned.





















(And I got to do a little bonus touristing - it's been 25 years since I last saw Minnesota!)








No comments:

months go by

We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...