A Long Month For Everyone

Today was a very long day for all of us, coming at the end of a string of long days. Today Dutch started her new daycare, which is only part-time, so she comes home for lunch, and doesn't get a nap. (Not that we're denying her naps - it's just virtually impossible to get her to nap outside the peer-pressure-zone of daycare.) Today, after an early wakeup and an exhausting morning adapting to a completely new place, she fell asleep in mid-draw on the kitchen floor at 6, while Cook was making dinner. He tried to wake her, and thought he'd succeeded, but she fell asleep again when he left her so he could save the burning meal. She's asleep on the couch right now, with a very full bladder and an empty belly. We're not sure what exactly to do with her.

However, I know exactly how she felt. I'm pretty sure that I would fall asleep if I lay down on the floor. But today I turned in a grant proposal, made it to class, and left work fairly sure that I will have a new boss come Monday, which will mean that I can cut my hours back and stop doing two jobs (both badly). So if I can just make it through the 8 billion pages of reading, the takehome exam, and the land use inventory I have to do this weekend, everything will be okay!

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Wow, that looks like such a great nap. And after reading your post, I am feeling like a nice little lie-down myself. You are doing a lot!! I send 100 volts of pure energy your way.

Popular Posts