knowing that my toes are sparkly is all that's keeping my spirits up right now.

I'm supposed to be doing a statistical analysis of some kind right now. I'm not doing it, obviously. I don't even know HOW to do it, so I have to figure that out, as a first step. And I'm supposed to write a 20-page paper about it, by Monday afternoon. I feel a little like I'm in a play about a person doing statistical analysis, but not only do I not only actually know nothing about statistical analysis, I've also forgotten all my lines.

I have the kind of brain that is really easy to stuff full of information temporarily - I can speed-read and cram for tests like nobody's business - but everything trickles right back out again, and very little actually gets put away for long-term storage. I've taken several classes in statistics, and done pretty well in them. But I can't even remember how to get my data into SPSS. The internets will help me, and my crappy statistics textbook from last year, but it sure would be nice if I could access anything I've learned about statistics in my life.

In other news, I got a pedicure this week, thanks to one of my kind aunties, and I stunned the pedicurist (pedicurer?) by telling her that I had never had a pedicure AND I had never worn toenail polish before. I picked out red sparkly polish, in honor of my girly-girl daughter (who LOVES my pedicure, and desperately wants one of her own now, phthalates be damned), and my feet now look vaguely transvestite-y - puffy and white and hairy, with stubby red sparkly nails. Cook took one look, snapped into Cranky Old Man mode and started muttering something involving the word "garish." (This cracked me up - I waited in vain for him to start talking about fast ladies painting their faces.) However, I really loved the pedicure, and as I sat there reading People magazine, getting be-sparkled, I wondered blissfully why on earth I don't get a pedicure every week.

Anyway, I'm so busy right now that I really shouldn't be blogging at all - I'll write more after I hand in my Truly Terrible Paper on Monday!

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I'm very glad you have discovered the pleasure of pedicures. I rarely get one, but whenever I do, it feels like the most decadent and unalloyed pleasure life can offer. Here's to more of those!
Anonymous said…
i'm sorry that i can't help you with regards to statistics. i successfully avoided anything resembling a statistics class (not required for french lit majors).
but sadly, i can empathize with your brain and the ability to cram and then not retain...
ah, life.

Popular Posts