Still alive

I am still here. Now all four of us are sick (to varying degrees) and I have lots of homework and I am having terrible insomnia, and I don't know how the stuff remaining in our apartment is going to get packed. I am feeling very sorry for myself. If my entire reading audience (no, really, ALL of you) could fly out to Portland this weekend, that would be very helpful.

If you can't make it, you should take a moment on Saturday to think of us. Set down your mug of coffee and your paper, put your slippered feet up on the ottoman, look out the window at the beautiful fall weather, tip your head back in your easy chair... and think of us. Moving. All day.

I'll be thinking of you. Actually, I'll be thinking of how nice it'll be once we've settled in, and the fact that our housemates are cooking us a big welcome-home dinner on Sunday. Once I've stopped whining.

Really, what I want to know is WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY BOOKS!?!? WHY!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts