Haircut time

I did it AGAIN! I cut my hair. It gets worse; I cut BANGS!!! I haven't had bangs* since I was maybe nine, I think. The reason I haven't had bangs since I was maybe nine is because they don't look very good on me. Fat round-faced people with very strong chins generally avoid bangs. There is a reason for this.

But, see, everybody has bangs. Bangs are hip! All the cool (white) kids have bangs! I've been harassing Dutch for weeks, trying to convince her that it'd be okay to get bangs, since it's driving me crazy that her hair hangs limply in her face all the time, dragging in her food and generally just looking awful,** and somewhere along the way I decided I should get bangs, too.***

I'm home sick today. Actually, I'm home feeling crappy and doing data entry and statistical analysis (two things I don't like to do and am not very good at), for work. And I have too much to do, and am exhausted and cranky and out of control, so... now I have bangs. I bet you wish our camera's memory card hadn't died.


*that were shorter than the rest of my hair, if you see what I've mean - I've given myself terrible short haircuts in the past, but this is different, since it's bangs with longer hair.
** "I just want to be able to see your pretty face!" - a refrain uttered by mothers of daughters for as long as humans have had the leisure to think about things beyond the next meal.
*** Dutch, in case you're wondering, is on board for the bangs now, since she found a character in the Barbie coloring book who has bangs. They're so pretty! I'm planning to cut her bangs this weekend - mine were just for practice.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I seriously wish there were pictures.

Popular Posts