The jury is still out.

Facebook has been feeding me all sorts of links I've liked. Yesterday I watched a video of a guy pretending to be lost at a basketball game.* Watching that made me feel like hey, people are kind of adorable!

Tonight my housemate came home from an evening of phonebanking to convince people to vote to raise taxes on rich people, and she was bummed. She had talked to many people who agree corporations should pay higher taxes... but who just couldn't bear the thought of raising taxes, because that's just not right. And who helpfully also told her that they don't like immigrants. Hearing that made me feel like hey, people are kind of idiots! Racist idiots! So I'm just not sure.

But then Facebook gave me this link. I'll let you know my verdict after I watch that movie. I'm guessing that my conclusion will probably be: both.

*You pretty much just have to watch it.

Comments

Popular Posts