Six

I think I should probably be reflecting on time, and aging, and mortality. My baby girl (six!) is going to be grown and gone off to live her magical grownup life in about thirty seconds, I think. Or maybe on joy, because turning six is apparently pretty awesome.*

But instead I'm going to ask you to watch this clip. I know you're sick of hearing about how much I hate cars, and how nobody should call or text while you're driving. But if you take a second whenever you're about to make or take a call in the car, and think about a 13-year-old girl (who no doubt kicked off her sixth birthday with a face as purely delighted as my own girl's today) burning to death in a crumpled schoolbus, we'll all be better off.



*Even when your weary, cold-infested parents manage to muster up only an english muffin (with six candles jammed into it) for a celebratory breakfast.

Comments

Popular Posts