The years are just flying by

Last week I had lunch with a high-school classmate I hadn't seen in many, many, many years. Before I left my preceding engagement, I glimpsed myself in the bathroom mirror and thought "Wow, I look really old and tired." On my way to meet her, I briefly walked behind a cute family, and the dad was holding the maybe-3-year-old kid so he was looking back at me over his dad's shoulder. I smiled at him, because he was crazy cute, and he smiled back at me and then he said (and no, I'm NOT making this up) "Grandma, is that you?"

Comments

s* said…
I think the same thing every time I look in the mirror. I hope that some year I'll get sleep again and can regain non-puffy eyes that don't have purple under them. I'm starting to worry, though, that it's a lost cause.

Popular Posts