Now I lay me down to sleep...

A few days ago, Dutch looked up and memorized a prayer to say every night before bed. We are a completely atheist family, but religion fits nicely into her passion for Old-Fashioned Stuff,  and her interest in Stuff That Is Important, so she's pursuing it in her own weird way. (And we're not stopping her, though we have explained carefully why we are atheist, and I did stop her from trying to teach a prayer to Skipper.) I really have no idea who this kid is going to grow up to be.


In unrelated news, I finished the first season of Downton Abbey. Dangit. Now what? Anybody know any TV shows with Maggie Smith in them? That are good for watching while washing dishes?

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
When I was young, I loved bible study, prayers, and going to church. I still like some of the stories and rituals involved. But I never, for one minute, believed in god. I am here to attest that the two things can definitely coexist in one brain.
Aimee said…
I don't remember if M. Smith is in it, but I enjoyed Lost in Austen to a shocking degree!

Popular Posts