File under "Things People Commonly Say That Are Funny to Say But Not Actually Very Funny to Experience."

Tonight Dutch accidentally* stabbed Skipper in the eye with a fork. This is something I actually say as an ironically exaggerated figure of speech,** as in "I would rather be stabbed in the eye with a fork than vote for Newt Gingrich" or "OMG watching that preschool talent show was so like stabbing myself in the eye with a fork," and I really never, ever thought that I would experience an actual fork-to-eye-stabbing.**

I think Skipper's okay. She can still see. However, it seems to really hurt. I will be sure to let you know, if it comes to it, what the doctor says when I explain that Skipper was stabbed in the eye with a fork. (Cook's betting on complete composure, because in his experience, doctors have already heard just about every insane injury explanation even the most elaborate episode of Mythbusters could ever devise.)


*Really accidentally. We're pretty sure there wasn't even any subconscious desire to maim - it was a table-setting accident.
** Because I am so witty!
*** Unless society crumbles in the next few decades, which really seems less and less unlikely.

Comments

JT said…
ARGH! This sounds like one of those situations where you keep waiting for the *real* adults to step forward and take care of things. Glad the girls are fine.

Popular Posts