Whining

Today I'm whining about Dutch, and her whining. She WHINES! I posted a request for advice on a parenting website a few months ago, and the responses were all along the lines of "well, in our house nobody whines, because we never give in to whining," implying that Cook and I must be spinelessly capitulating to all whiny requests. We don't. The problem is actually not whining while asking for things, it's just whining ALL THE DAMN TIME. She whines when she's just plain talking. She whines about problems instead of asking for help. She whines when she wants something that we'd be perfectly happy to give her, like a healthy snack. ("IIIIIIIIIIII want to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhllllllllllllll!")

She doesn't hit, she doesn't bite, she doesn't kick. Whining, apparently, is her big Toddler Personality Flaw. It drives me completely nuts. I find myself saying "Stoooooooooooooooopp whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng!"

Comments

Popular Posts