Updates

My creative wells are running pretty dry at the moment, so I'm dedicating this post to an update on past posts.
1. There is little to no lead in our tap water. Hooray! I can cross that off the long list of things to worry about.
2. I bought two books ($1.69 total, but STILL) a few days after writing that I don't buy books anymore.
3. I still like my job.
4. Dutch seems a little happier at daycare. We're still not thrilled with it, but it's fine. And last week she came home with a funny pigtail hairdo. We're not sure what the circumstances of the grooming were, but Dutch LOVED her pigtails. They were immaculate - two tight pigtails and two plumb-straight parts dividing her head into three (probably geometrically exactly equal in some way) sections. Dutch demanded that I give her pigtails the next day, and I tried. I delivered her back to daycare in sloppy, uneven, already-disintegrating pigtails, with ragged, meandering parts. I felt pretty self-conscious about it. She keeps asking for them, though, so I guess she's never seen the back of her head.
5. It's not hot right now. Muggy. Today it rained unexpectedly and quite heavily, but I had serendipitously received a raincoat for Dutch in a package delivered to my office from an omniscient friend, so she stayed reasonably dry during the hike from daycare to the bus stop.
6. I just got my Magical Nighttime Mouthguard today - now I will be grinding a plastic boomerang all night instead of my tooth enamel.

That's pretty much all I've got to say. I'm feeling too low-energy even to blog. That seems ominous, actually - how can one run out of energy for narcissism?

Comments

Popular Posts