Nice Parenting Things In The Last Month Or So

1. Dutch has started coming into our room in the early morning to get in bed with us. This is actually a positive change, as until about a month ago, she would just scream until somebody came and fetched her back to our bed. Now she comes in and wakes me up by patting my shoulder, and when I turn and look at her, she smiles delightedly at me and says "hi!", and then I hoist her up and over me and install her in the middle of the bed and we both go back to sleep. It's lovely.

2. Potty training.

3. Dutch has started appropriately saying "thankyou" about half the time, unprompted. (I hesitated to put this one up, because it seems like so little to be pleased with, but whatever! I'm pleased!)

4. Dutch's bare legs, dirty and bruised and scabby. Hooray for summertime! Yesterday after dinner she finished the day liberally coated with sweat, snot, smoothie, dirt, blood, sunscreen, beet juice, and who knows what else. We were so proud. (She did get a bath, in case you're wondering.)

Comments

Popular Posts