Another not-good thing to hear, also poop-related.

I was lying on Dutch's bed, waiting for her to come back from the bathroom so she could "play with" me, which meant (as it often does) that she plays while I read the New Yorker and try to get away with the absolute minimum of mental engagement. (I really feel that spending quality time with one's child is the most important element of parenting; I'm sure you agree.)

Dutch interrupted my happy engagement with "Talk of the Town" when she said plaintively from the bathroom "Mama, I got a little poop on the floor..."

I have no idea how she did it. However, I managed more grace than I did last night, when she banged her knee on the wall while flopping dramatically into bed after a half hour of obnoxiousness, and started to cry, and I said disgustedly "oh for god's sake, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!"

Comments

Popular Posts