PDX-CVG-PGH-SLC-PDX in three lists

List One - things that pissed me off in the Cincinnati airport on Tuesday:
1) The broken switch in the cockpit of my plane, and the subsequent delay.
2) The bathroom stall in which I got myself wedged sideways (all airport bathroom stalls should be built to accommodate weary travelers with large heavy bags and 3-foot-long poster tubes).
3) The person who used said stall before me, and was too fastidious to put her naked butt on the seat, but not fastidious enough to clean up the urine splatters.

List Two - things I liked about taking the 28X from the airport into downtown Pittsburgh:
1) The couple who awkwardly reacquainted themselves (she's a student at Penn, he was on my flight from Cincinnati) while standing behind me waiting at the bus stop, and made out and snuggled the whole busride.
2) The Gaming Control Board Commissioner who sat behind me and flirted with the woman in town for her highschool 40th reunion.
3) The absolute fabulousness of public transit, as expressed in a $3 charge for a reasonably fast trip downtown, the opportunity to eavesdrop on and be charmed by my fellow humans, and the utterly gorgeous view of a golden moon setting over Pittsburgh, shining on the three rivers.
4) OMG they TOTALLY have a dedicated busway! EEEEEE!!!!!!


List Three - things I noticed about Pittsburgh in my brief escapes from the conference:
1) Big Yellow Bridges
2) Old white men in trenchcoats smoking cigarettes
3) Those rivers! So beautiful!
4) Pointy buildings
5) Inclines!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've grown to HATE flying. And last time I flew, I had the seat in the last row, right next to the bathroom. In addition to not being able to recline, and being nauseated due to the odor- I also kept remembering this (link below) and snickering. Alone, snickering. Nice, right? No wonder I dont make friends while travelling...

http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/1517

Popular Posts