I would rather be a chimera than a Republican.

I've emailed a bit lately with my aunties, who are also in political anguish. Both of them (referring to McCain/Palin supporters) used the phrase "Who are these people?!" which is something that's been perplexing me too. I find it impossible to imagine voting for those terrifying idiots. Just impossible. It's easier for me to imagine many things. Like what it would be like to breathe through gills. Or see through insect eyes. But the idea that McCain and Palin should be in charge of ANYTHING just seems so patently ludicrous that it's just impossible for me to imagine believing it. I know I'm a crazy way-out liberal, and that These People can't imagine voting for Obama. And I do try (I really do!) to understand other people's perspectives. But I just can't do it with this. I can't.

Oh, the debate. Yeah, I listened to it a little. I couldn't do more than that, though, because I just kept thinking about how These People would hear something entirely different than I did.

A totally unrelated frivolous postscript - it turns out that a town in which we stayed during our vacation is the location where the "Twilight" books take place. I wish I'd known that in advance - I've never read the books, but I would have liked to appreciate the efforts of the town to make some money off them!

Comments

Popular Posts