Not Like Doctor

I took Dutch to her well-child check-up today. Skipper was extremely displeased to hear we were going to the doctor again - she said "No. Not like doctor! Skipper! Not like doctor!" - but when I managed to get the message across that she would not be the one under assault, she said "Skipper. Not like doctor. Dutch. Her turn." and she said it over and over and over again, I think just to get the confirmation she needed. During the appointment, she cowered in my lap, and if I let my arms relax too far away from her body, she said frantically "Hug! HUG!! MAMA HUG!!!!!"

Dutch is 49 inches tall and 55 pounds heavy. That would be, in case you're wondering, the 96th percentile for height and 89th percentile for weight.* She's also extravagantly healthy, and is done with vaccinations for two more years, so she was very happy when we left.

*Or, in lay-person's terms, Absolutely Gigantic.


Comments

tiffky doofky said…
"Her turn" has particular emphasis in light of your previous post. It must be REALLY bad for her to give up her turn!
Anonymous said…
E hates the doctor, too. HATES IT!
Hee hee.
cm

Popular Posts