Resolutions

I don't have any resolutions. I haven't really caught up with my life enough to feel in control enough to make changes. I can't remember the last time I felt caught up with my life. Maybe 1992? No, probably not.

No, wait! I do have a semi-resolution: I'm going to write some real letters this year, if I can remember how to write things by hand.

Cook and Dutch are sitting on the floor right now, drawing pictures and waiting for the New York New Year, which we will celebrate with sparkling cider and a round of memories of 2010/hopes for 2011. Then Dutch will be allowed to stay up as late as she wants. She's never yet made it to midnight, but Cook and I almost never do, either.

2010:
1) Cook got a job with benefits. BENEFITS!!!
2) I graduated with another useless degree that doesn't seem to increase my employability even an iota.
3) Dutch, started school, learned to read.
4) Skipper learned to talk, sort of. She said her longest sentence ever tonight - "Come help me take out." She learned a bunch of other skills that make her significantly more like a functioning member of society, like laughing at other people's jokes (and saying "FUNnnneee!" to really hammer it home).
5) People I love got married, had babies, moved, lost jobs, got jobs, were happy, were sad...

Oops - we took a break to watch New York New Year. Dutch told her first joke of New York 2011. It was absolutely awful.

6) Dutch's missing tooth finally grew back in, after four long years.
7) Skipper learned to love tofu.

2011 is shaping up to be the year in which we move to a new house, Dutch learns to ride a bike, and Skipper leaves diapers behind (oh, please).

Happy New Year! I hope it's a wonderful year for all of you.



Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Is there a sign-up sheet for your letters? I would like to subscribe.

Happy New Year!

Popular Posts