Miscellaneous notes

Recent events:

I took Duchess and a friend to a Thorns game. We  had a lovely time. (Yes, Duchess is much taller than her friend. She's 5'7" now.)


























We adopted two guinea pigs. We brought them home on Saturday, and they spent several hours sitting under their hideys, keeping perfectly still and dedicating all of their tiny brains to wishing things hadn't changed. Then they started eating and pooping. (So. Much. Pooping. I don't understand how they can produce as much poop as they do - it seems like their entire body volume every day.) They're slowly getting more used to us, but the nature of guinea pigs (as prey animals who are basically burritos on legs) seems to indicate that they will never really stop being at least a little scared of us. As pets, they're kind of a dud - they will never love us, and at best they will just feel good about us in so far as they associate us with food. Skipper is disappointed that they don't love her. But I'm finding them surprisingly charming. I like watching them rustle around in their cage, being weird and occasionally noticing me and being momentarily terrified. I like that they don't care about me. My only role in their lives is to feed them and clean up after them (So. Much. Poop.) and I get to love them freely with no expectation or wish for reciprocation. I like that. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Anyway, here they are. Their names seem to have been finalized - we're calling them Momo (small darker-colored female, found abandoned in a park) and Snufkin (enormous brown male, rescued from a hoarding situation). 















































































Comments

s* said…
burritos on legs!

love to you all.

Popular Posts