More updates

It's hot. It's summery. I'm in the midst of a bunch of stressful work deadlines, but the kids have been wringing a lot of summer out of the week. Skipper has been on several adventures with friends - hiking on Wednesday, the local amusement park yesterday, an exploratory baseball playdate today.




































She also finally consented to get a haircut* that included bangs! I am really enjoying looking at her face. (She's cuddling Momo in this photo. Momo hates being picked up, but once you finally catch her, she utters a small, hopeless squeak of despair and then surrenders completely to the pleasure of a warm quiet place to doze where Snufkin can't pester her. When I pick her up to put her back in the cage after she's been sitting on Skipper's lap for a while, her whole body is so relaxed that she feels like a warm beanie baby instead of an actual living mammal.)

























Duchess started rowing last week - she rows from 8 to 10am every weekday. She loves it. I dropped her off the first day, and walked with her back into the boat-storage/rowing-machine area, and I felt like I had wandered into the Land of Giants. Duchess is considered small in the Land of Giants, and I felt pretty much pocket-sized.

And today Cook dropped her off at an intensive week of ultimate frisbee camp. There's a lot going on around here. And next weekend I will be done with this wave of scary work deadlines, and I will get to wring out some summer!

*Skipper's distrust of my judgement around haircuts is hard-earned.

Comments

Popular Posts