Been a while

Yup. I don’t have much to say, these days. It’s dark and rainy and cold, and I’m pretty short on vacation days. However, there’s a new season of The Good Place on, it’s almost time to set up the Christmas tree, and the Month of Sugar Cookies is upon us. The girls are playing Minecraft together in the living room like the modern children they are, but they’re actually getting along and mildly enjoying each other’s company, so that’s a rare and delightful treat. (“Oops,” says Duchess, “I just pissed off a dolphin.”

The girls are thriving. Duchess is struggling with relationships and identity as all 14-year-olds should, with some painful moments, but generally she’s thriving. She’s still rowing, still loves rowing. (It’s the off-season now, so instead of rowing six days a week, she goes to the boathouse six days a week to row on a rowing machine, lift weights and do other fun workout things.) Skipper is finding some ease in fourth grade, with teachers who aren’t scary, and seems to be feeling more comfortable with making mistakes and trying new things. Cook and I are slogging along with work, both feeling a combination of bored and wildly under-qualified, depending on the moment.

This is Duchess flauting in a parade. It was cold. And also pretty boring.



 This is me in Pittsburgh for a work conference. I really liked Pittsburgh; I spent all my extra time not chit-chatting with other participants, but poking around Pittsburgh by myself. Schmoozing has never been a strong point of mine, but that just means more time riding funiculars, so whatevs.






Comments

Popular Posts