Voting is Complete

My voting, that is. And that of some other people. The rest of you are a little behind. Dutch, feeling left out as Cook and I filled out our ballots (we're more rested now, and feel competent to make reasonable decisions, sort of), made her own ballot, which consisted of a crumpled piece of scratch paper decorated with rows of filled circles. "We all voted for Barack Obama!" she announced happily.*

And hey, news! Cook got himself a new job! Okay, another temporary job with no benefits, but it's WAY better than his current temporary no-benefit job on every front - more money, more interesting projects, more prestige (really!), shorter commute, etc. In Portland, even temporary no-benefit jobs are in short supply, and this one's pretty desirable as far as such things go. For our next step, we're hoping he'll get a bad permanent job. Personally, I am planning to stay in school for as long as it takes until the market clamors for inexperienced planners.


* A coworker of mine knows a 4-year-old who is such a passionate Obama fan that she fundraises for him with a lemonade stand, and reached a point in the primary season where she had to go stay with her grandmother for a week because she couldn't bear to stay with her Clinton-supporting mom. Dutch is not so committed.

Comments

Joel said…
I remember in 1988 voting for Dukakis by saying, while I watched TV, "I'm voting for Dukakis." and honestly believing that that was what voting was. I think that I voted Dukakis because I liked his hair better.

Popular Posts