Free! I'm free!

Okay. So I'm sorry (kind of) to keep gloating, but I am soooooo totally stoked about my free time, dude! OMG!!! I have now quit that graduate research assistantship,* dropped my 1-credit class and picked up a 3-credit class. I am a Full Time Student, people!!! I'm interning only 18 hours a week and taking three classes, which leaves me with acres and acres of free time. Time to swim** three times a week, do all kinds of homework during the week, eat leisurely lunches while reading a book for pleasure, blog ad nauseam,*** run errands, stare into space, go to seminars, pick up Dutch early, etc. Over the summer, because I was responsible for dropping off and picking up Dutch (Cook has a super-long commute in the other direction, and my internship is a mere 15-minute walk from Dutch's daycare), any extra time I added to my workday for all those activities listed above meant that she spent even more time at daycare. And I just don't feel really great about leaving my kid at daycare 9-10 hours a day every weekday. But NOW!!! Now I can do it all!

Actually, it feels pretty irresponsible. Sort of .... student-y! Lazing around with my ipod, wearing jeans and t-shirts. However, I refuse to take up smoking - what's up with kids these days, anyway? I swear more of them are smoking than ever. The old, crotchety, burdened-with-responsibilities, no-free-time me would have scowled at them and shaken her cane, but the new, relaxed, full time student me just holds her breath and scoots on by, humming along with the soundtrack of Black Hawk Down, which is inexplicable installed on that ipod.



*Which is a bummer, because I liked it, and I think I would have learned some stuff, but hey! Free time is even better!
** And OMG again! I love the swimming! I've only been doing it two weeks and I feel GREAT!!! Hence all the exclamation points!
*** Your nauseam, not mine. I would happily blog all day!

Comments

Popular Posts