Woohoo! Things are going great!

So the economy is going to hell in a handbasket. Nobody I know can find a job. Sarah Palin is starting to terrify me. Everyone in my house is sick. No big deal. Who cares! This week, I got two scholarships! Yes, I did! TWO!!!! I even had to interview for one, with a panel of twelve people. TWO! We're rich!

Okay, true, they didn't give me very much money. Times are tough for scholarship funds, too. Also, based on the fact that the department begged people to apply for scholarships, and that I, a non-stellar but oh-so-deserving student, have now collected multiple (little) scholarships, I think we can conclude that... perhaps the competition wasn't exactly strenuous. But who cares! I took the time to write lots of essays and beg people for letters of recommendation, and fill out lots of forms multiple times and take them to multiple places - I deserve a reward for groping my way through inept bureaucracy.

Comments

Popular Posts