My husband is broken.

Poor Cook has been trampled by the flu, which is lasting even longer in his system than it did in mine.* His February hasn't been so great - one weekend of single-parenting, followed by a weekend of lying in bed feeling terrible.** My three-day weekend wasn't the best, but at least I was vertical.


*Dutch processed it twice as fast as I did, and now feels fine. Before I had kids, I thought they were weak and fragile, you know, being the ones who die of flu. Now I know they're actually ridiculously effective at coping with viruses (and other stuff that feels terrible to adults, like falling down, or getting stabbed in the eye with a fork). Whenever the family gets an illness, Dutch breezes through it with a fraction of the pain and duration of the adults' experiences. Skipper doesn't even bother to get it.


**He does get up periodically. I've seen him every once in a while. He staggers into the kitchen looking grey, clammy, and red-eyed, apologizes for being useless, washes dishes until his knees give out, scavenges around for ibuprofen, and then creeps back to bed. It's like having a zombie housekeeper. 

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I still think it's funny that we have husbands! I'm sorry yours is a half-dead zombie. I am very impressed that he even attempts dishes while in this state. I hope the curse upon your household lifts soon and for good.
aimee said…
This was exactly the scene at our house Friday through Monday, except I was the zombie and didn't do any chores. That flu was a monster. Hope you all are better now.
s* said…
me too, except, like aimee, i was the non-dish doing zombie and it was only the respiratory flu. it took me 11 days to get over it, and i'm only mostly out of the woods now. lame.

also, :( :(

Popular Posts