One of the things I did on my mini-vacation two weeks ago was go through a lot of my old books/stuffed animals/embarrassing letters and diaries. My brother, reeling from the mortification of reading all HIS old journals and letters, was kind enough to loan Skipper and Dutch his large collection of playmobil toys, circa 1985.* The boxes arrived this week (thanks, dad!), and Cook and I spent some time trying to figure out how to assemble all the buildings, using photos mined from the internet. The kids are pretty delighted - the toys are all "western"-themed, and perfect for Dutch's ongoing Laura Ingalls obsession. The covered wagon has had quite a bit of action already.


*He kept his collection of star wars toys. If you go visit him any time soon, I bet he'll let you play with them!

Comments

JT said…
Setting up is so much fun! LOL. And all those little pieces. Good times. I love Playmobile too. All the little pieces are so much fun. I can't wait til Lila's ready for that.

Popular Posts