Potty mouth

Because half of what I write in this blog turns out to be quotes from my kids, here's your obligatory kid quote. When Skipper woke up this morning, the first thing she said was "Mama, smell my poop."

A friend of mine is doing potty-boot-camp with her just-turned-two son - she got rid of all the diapers, and he will now become potty trained. I expect it'll work; she's done it with her older kid, and she's the sort of person who will Make It Work. Skipper, on the other hand, is on track to never potty train at all. You may recall that she used the potty, due to daycare encouragement, pretty often when she was around 12-18 months old. Not any more. She occasionally sits on it and says "I peeing!" but she doesn't actually do anything. And she's so stubborn - she makes her sister (at any age) look like a pushover. So we have decided not to make it an issue* that could provoke any battle of wills, because we will inevitably either lose or be made miserable for a good long time. Today, Skipper, tired and grumpy after being dragged along to Dutch's swim lesson,** and then thwarted in her plan to use my keys for some weird purpose, shrieked for 45 minutes. Or it may have been 18 hours, I'm not sure. So we'll just wait until she decides to leave the diapers behind. In a few years. Or maybe 18 years, I'm not sure.



*I'm big on the path of least resistance in most things, including parenting. Also, LAZY.
** Dutch is making swimming progress, after being stuck at Seal level for a very long time. Cook thinks she's had some kind of developmental leap and can finally coordinate (to some extent) her incredibly long limbs. Next stop, Polar Bear!

Comments

Popular Posts