Summer!

Dutch has two more days of kindergarten left. (To kick off her summer, she's spending Wednesday with me at work. Whee!)

I'll be home with the girls two days a week. (Did I tell you I'm doing a poorly-paid-but-interesting internship this summer? No? I am. ) As I do every summer, I have visions of us spending our days doing delightful, summery things, full of joy and peace and relaxation. I'm sure THIS summer will be the one when it all works out as planned.

Dutch, at any rate, is set up for a summery summer. She has swim lessons, t-ball, and day camp lined up. I'm excited about her day camp week - I felt that Dutch needed to go to Summer Camp in its classic form. Indifferent teenage counselors, campfires, swimming, popsicle-stick crafts, friendship bracelets, freeze tag, etc. I expect she'll love it. Next summer, sleepaway camp!

I expect we'll be biking all over the place, too. Next week, we're going on a couple of Pedalpalooza rides (including the Ice Cream Ride). See, it's going to be a GREAT summer! Now if only we could have more than one day in a row when the temperature gets over 75.

Comments

Popular Posts