I'm alive!

I'm busy! Work plus not sleeping enough plus volunteer gigs galore plus, you know, being lazy and unfit, equals no blogging. But I can tell you that we're all fine. Cook is recuperating from a sinus infection bad enough to actually motivate him to go to the doctor (this does not happen often), Skipper has started swearing like a sailor (last week she was in room being angry, and we heard her yell "Fuck a fuck a fuck a FUCK!"), and Duchess continues to be up and down with social crap in her class. Cook and I are trying not to show her how much we want to smack her classmates.

Also, Duchess has now officially been labeled TAG (by the skin of her teeth), and feels much more confident about her intelligence now that she has the label. Seriously. She's taking a before-school TAG math class that the principal let her take because I had complained that it was limited only to TAG kids (but she only invited Duchess, because Duchess has a Pushy Parent). Duchess has been doing well in it and enjoying it, but after I told Duchess that she had passed the TAG test, she said "Now I really belong in my math class!" as if she hadn't belonged before. Ech.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
So glad you are alive! I hope Cook feels better every day. When Skipper is older, you can show her the scene from the first episode of The Wire when Bunk and McNulty go through a whole crime scene using only her favorite swear word to communicate. I hate that Duchess has to deal with any untoward social crap and I also hate that TAG crap. She is a shining example of the species and I wish she could feel that every day.

Popular Posts