All the stereotypes

There are moments of my life that feel like they easily could be snippets of Portlandia episodes. Yesterday, Skipper went to a birthday party at a rock-climbing gym. The party was for the Blond twins, who turned 7 last week, and I asked their mom for gift suggestions. She said that they would really like something for their terrariums. (Terrarii?) And here's the extra-Portlandia thing: I knew off the top of my head exactly where the closest terrarium store is, and it's within a ten-minute walk of our home.

I went to the party for a while, because Skipper was pretty worried about the whole rock-climbing thing, but I biked there while Skipper got a ride with the Blonds. On my ride there (on "neighborhood greenway" streets, through painted intersections), I saw two adults I know. One was riding a bike with part of another bike strapped to the back. The other one was riding a cargo bike with panniers full of groceries, with her two (adopted) kids riding their own bikes behind her.

I do love this place, as silly as it is.

Comments

Popular Posts