Oni no pantsu

Yesterday evening I biked the girls to the science museum for Duchess's science fair and school "family night" at the museum. Items of note:
1) The girls biked competently and without complaining. Hurrah!
2) Duchess executed, with a partner, a passably mediocre science fair project in which Cook and I did not participate at all (except to take her to her partner's home a couple of times). This is pretty reassuring - I think she'll survive middle school. And I think Cook and I will also survive middle school. Hurrah!
3) Because there were so few people in the museum, and it was much less hectic and overwhelming than usual (and she didn't feel observed),  Skipper was able to actually got to do some of the activities, like design a "wind sculpture." It was fun to see her actually DOING stuff and trying things, instead of standing aside watching while other people do things.
4) We stopped by the river and watched a dragon boat go by. Duchess said "That looks fun! I want to do that! Mom, can I do that?"
4) We had a lovely ride home, in the late evening sunshine, with no whining or complaining. Duchess spent most of the ride composing sentimental haiku, and Skipper spent most of the ride singing a Japanese song about a demon's pants. It was really enjoyable, and I tried to soak it up as much as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts