Ideal summer for an 11-year-old who likes to read?

I'm taking a few days off work staycationing between actual vacation trips. Skipper and I accompanied Duchess to the pool for swim team today, so I took the quasi-traditional walk-to-the-pool photo:
























At the pool:



















And, after the pool, the resting. I just read a thing in the New York Times about people struggling to get their children to read. This has never, ever been a problem in our house. We have the opposite problem. I say "Put the book down and...(eat your food/ talk to your friends/look where you're going/etc.)" about four times a day, on average.



Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I kept trying to hit the "like" button on this post and those pictures. Yes, this demonstrates an unfortunate resubmersion into social media culture on my part, but it also shows my visceral and reflexive joy regarding your girls!

Popular Posts