What I learned this weekend...

I spent the weekend in central Oregon, in the company of some lovely extended family, to celebrate the high-school graduation of my youngest cousin, The Napper.

Another cousin, Philosophy Boy, spent some time (late night, fueled by bourbon) dementedly raving about his hatred of "the umlauts in the New Yorker" which initially mystified me and Cook. But a quick visit with the internet revealed that the umlauts are in fact diareses. Yes, diareses. And further pursuit of the diaresis question uncovered a great webpage that seems to have been neglected for years, which is a tragedy.

I'm procrastinating. I appear to be completely burned out for the year, to the extent that I just can't be bothered to finish a paper that's due tomorrow. Or take a shower or do the other things I should do before going to work at 6:30 tomorrow morning. It just doesn't seem all that important, somehow. Unlike diareses. Now, those are important.

Anyway, thanks, family, for the weekend! Nice to meet you, RA! Thanks for taking care of us, Taekwando-Waterfall Uncle and Chipmunk-Nemesis Aunty! And, last and most important, congratulations, Napper! Excellent work in nailing down high school, and good luck with that whole rest-of-your-life thing!

Comments

Popular Posts