Condom, birth control pills, IUD, diaphragm...

This evening the two kids from downstairs came up to play with Dutch, and so did... the two kids from downstairs-and-across-the-hall! Phew. They were all perfectly nice (and they swept the living room floor!), but wow, that's a lot of kids in one small apartment. I'm really really really really grateful that I have access to decent birth control.

The best part, in my opinion, was when Boy #1 said "Let's watch a movie!" and Dutch said "Mama, can we watch a movie? Boy #1 wants to watch a movie!" and I said "No." and Boy #1 said "Why can't we watch a movie?" and Dutch said helpfully "Movies are something I can't have very often. They're not good for my brain."

I made her clean up her room after they left, because I'm mean like that, and she said indignantly "Why didn't they clean up after themselves?"

My little goody-goody. Maybe I should lighten up on the sanctimony. She's going to be stealing money out of my change jar* and running off to the bar across the street before I know it.

* Oh wait, she's already done that!

Comments

Popular Posts