I have a deadline in 4 hours. I'm procrastinating.

Lately, we've been preparing a bit for the impending baby. We've bought a used bouncy chair and some diaper covers. We've cut up old t-shirts to make butt-wiping rags.* We've bought disposable diapers and wipes** for expeditions and emergencies. I started putting together my going-into-labor bag.

So... this baby really is coming. It really is. Also, I feel like the baby has GOT to be at least eight pounds already, given the way it's throwing its weight around in my guts, so I keep being surprised by the memory that it's not actually scheduled to be born for another two months.

***

*I hesitate to confess this, but it occurs to me that it might be a little creepy that I'm not spending my incubation period curled up under a quilt, maternally MAKING things in preparation for the baby, but am spending my spare time DESTROYING things in preparation for the baby. All this baby's handmade stuff comes from other people who are more creative and nurturing than me. You can call me Kali.
** They were on sale...
*** It's hard, taking a self-portrait of your belly. Also, I realize that all the photos I post have heaps of laundry in the background. Sorry, we're slobs.

Comments

Anonymous said…
somehow every time you post a photo of you I am struck by how beautiful you are.

love,

Dad
S. said…
That's because I look like YOU.

Popular Posts