It's done!

Done. Three papers, two group projects (one horrible, one not), three presentations - all done!

We also attended many mandatory meetings this quarter for various schools we were considering for Dutch for Kindergarten, and applied to four (it's all lottery-based, so "applied" means "filled out paperwork") a few weeks ago. We'll find out about that at the end of April.

Today was blissful. Cook doesn't have any consulting work this weekend, so we have NOTHING to do.* The weather was so beautiful that Dutch was able to wear a new sundress and sandals, and Skipper and Dutch and I did some gardening (I weeded, Skipper crawled around, and Dutch ran a Slug Execution Center on the patio).** Cook scrubbed the kitchen floor and washed all the sheets. We bathed both kids and started Dutch on a no-poo regimen.*** We went to the library. We grocery-shopped. I sorted through my box of random kids' clothing, put away a bunch of out-grown things, and introduced a pile of new-to-her stripey clothing to Skipper's wardrobe. It was all very dull and very satisfying.

Next week I am taking Skipper to Los Angeles for a few days. I'm dreading the flight, since Skipper is a normal 11-month-old, which means she is mobile, interested in everything, can't communicate effectively, and has the attention span of a gnat. Our 30-minute bus commute is usually an exhausting non-stop wrangle, and two hours on the plane next to a stranger is likely to be character-building for all parties.

That's the news. Happy spring break!




*Other than the usual, I mean. The backlog of housework looms large.
** Skipper ate some things when my back was turned. I think mostly grass, but I'm hoping she took care of a few slugs for me, too.
*** I plan to give this a try, but not right now - I figure we'll experiment on Dutch first. She already regularly goes a week or more without shampoo, and her hair never looks or feels icky (though it does get to smelling icky if not rinsed out).

Comments

can't wait to see you two!

Popular Posts