Done. Three papers, two group projects (one horrible, one not), three presentations - all done!
We also attended many mandatory meetings this quarter for various schools we were considering for Dutch for Kindergarten, and applied to four (it's all lottery-based, so "applied" means "filled out paperwork") a few weeks ago. We'll find out about that at the end of April.
Today was blissful. Cook doesn't have any consulting work this weekend, so we have NOTHING to do.* The weather was so beautiful that Dutch was able to wear a new sundress and sandals, and Skipper and Dutch and I did some gardening (I weeded, Skipper crawled around, and Dutch ran a Slug Execution Center on the patio).** Cook scrubbed the kitchen floor and washed all the sheets. We bathed both kids and started Dutch on a no-poo regimen.*** We went to the library. We grocery-shopped. I sorted through my box of random kids' clothing, put away a bunch of out-grown things, and introduced a pile of new-to-her stripey clothing to Skipper's wardrobe. It was all very dull and very satisfying.
Next week I am taking Skipper to Los Angeles for a few days. I'm dreading the flight, since Skipper is a normal 11-month-old, which means she is mobile, interested in everything, can't communicate effectively, and has the attention span of a gnat. Our 30-minute bus commute is usually an exhausting non-stop wrangle, and two hours on the plane next to a stranger is likely to be character-building for all parties.
That's the news. Happy spring break!
*Other than the usual, I mean. The backlog of housework looms large.
** Skipper ate some things when my back was turned. I think mostly grass, but I'm hoping she took care of a few slugs for me, too.
*** I plan to give this a try, but not right now - I figure we'll experiment on Dutch first. She already regularly goes a week or more without shampoo, and her hair never looks or feels icky (though it does get to smelling icky if not rinsed out).
1 comment:
can't wait to see you two!
Post a Comment