Trudging to the finish line

I'm assembling my borrowed graduation regalia this month, preparing for my June graduation. I wasn't going to go through the ceremony, on the principle that it is kind of a silly way to spend time (and money on all the polyester stuff), but I reconsidered. I think that participating in the ceremony is a good way for all of us to close the door officially on this part of our life. Dutch can't remember a time when I wasn't in school, and Skipper knows more about urban planning than most people (she's participated in two rounds of survey-taking already). We've had a long hard slog over the last three years, and this is one tiny way to celebrate that we survived it. Besides, Dutch loves her some silly pageantry,* and is excited to see me in my spiffy polyester finery.

* Most official ceremonies seem to me to have been originally invented by preschoolers.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
You deserve to revel a bit! Let the pomp fit the circumstance.
s* said…
does this mean there's no spring term that you need to attend?
huzzah! good work, y'all!

Popular Posts