One kid. Two parents. So much attention!

Dutch is gone on an overnight trip. We have only one kid! And you know what? Having only one kid is different than having two. We got to actually pay some attention to Skipper with nobody jumping in. (It turns out that Skipper on her own plays pretty much the same games as Skipper with Dutch - she's brainwashed.) It was nice. My attention feels much less stretched. I feel like I SAW her much more today, though she played by herself quite a bit. I learned things about her that I didn't know. It was nice.

We all miss Dutch (though a brief Skype chat revealed that she's having a really, really, really awesome weekend), and we look forward to getting her back. I think that we'll try to steal a little more one-kid-two-parents time for both kids this summer, though. It's pretty nice.

Today's quotes: Skipper defined "librarian" for me today as "the teacher who lives in the library." And after sitting quietly on the potty for a while, looking at her hind parts, she said "My butt has a crack in it!"


Comments

Popular Posts